Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saitek X52 64bit Driver Issue

Had just purchased my Saitek X52 Joystick in hopes I could play some great games like DCS on Stream.

Apparently I got confused by Saitek's website and got the wrong 64bit drivers.

Here is how to make sure you are getting the right drivers, X52 instead of X52 Pro.

First, I had to disconnect the Saitek X52 (not X52 Pro). Uninstall any SST software you may have installed. Then, I had to go to the Hardware setting in Control Panel and delete the two entries. I then had to go tohttp://saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php and download the drivers, and install them. Do NOT click on "Choose your product range" button, click on the "Choose your product type."

Then click on "Joysticks" and under "Select product" choose "X52", then (in my case) under "Select operating system", I chose "Windows 7/8 and Vista 64-bit".

NOW - choose to download the drivers and install them - remember that you disconnected your X52 - and plug it in when prompted. Then download the software, and install it. If you did it all right, everything should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment